Paralegal/Legal Assistant (Minneapolis Office)
Wessels Sherman, a Management-Side Labor and Employment Law Firm is seeking a full-time paralegal/legal assistant for its Minneapolis office, located near the 494/394 exchange. The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years recent experience in a litigation practice with proven familiarity filing state and federal court pleadings, discovery, etc. Excellent interpersonal, word processing, grammatical and organizational skills are required.
- Perform e-filing for district and/or federal courts.
- Provide overall support for attorneys.
- Assist with case management of all client files including set-up, scanning, retrieving, copying, filing, transcribing, formatting and editing.
- Maintain a correct and accurate docket of all cases and calendars.
- Enhance firm organization of all client files and exploring value-added job opportunities/accomplishments.
- Assist with the monthly billing processes, inputting, reviewing, correcting and invoicing clients appropriately.
- Answer phones, take messages and assist clients in a professional manner.
- Accept other job duties as asked, with the ability to multi-task.
- Research relevant case law, as requested, pertaining to document production with the ability to conduct own searches and be resourceful.
- Stay abreast of the latest court filing requirements for each matter.
- Assist with marketing initiatives as needed (i.e., maintaining database, seminar preparation, newsletter articles, etc.)
- 2-3 years experience in a litigation practice.
- Proven experience with ECF systems (state and federal).
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office 2003 and above (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Knowledge of TABS billing software is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, word processing, grammatical and organizational skills.
- Attentive to detail.
- Positive "can-do" attitude.
Wessels Sherman offers a competitive 401(k) with company match, medical, dental and life insurance benefits. Long-term disability insurance is included with benefits package.
If interested in becoming part of Wessels Sherman's team, please send cover letter and resume to Jeff Kier, Chief Operating Officer, at email@example.com.
Dynamic Growth Oriented Labor/Employment Firm with National Practice Representing Employers Only, Seeks Experienced Lateral Attorneys to Join Its Offices
Wessels Sherman, is a Midwestern based management-side labor and employment law firm with a collegial, cooperative work environment with resources of offices, attorneys and staff in four states. Our firm's philosophy (for over 25 years) is to provide our clients with first rate, cost effective legal services. To this end we invest in quality attorneys and staff, appropriate technology, and functional offices while watching fees and avoiding the wasteful/extravagant frills of many large firms. If you care about clients, see lawyer billing rates getting out of hand, and want the opportunity to make a good living as part of a unique and highly profitable firm that provides exceptional/affordable legal services across the Midwest and beyond, expressions of interest are welcome.
Attorneys, paralegals or legal assistants interested in a career with Wessels Sherman may contact Ms. Julie Anna Kruse, Wessels Sherman Joerg Liszka Laverty Seneczko P.C., 601 Carlson Parkway, Suite 1500, Minnetonka MN 55305, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.