|Managing Shareholder of Oconomowoc office|
ALAN E. SENECZKO is the managing shareholder of our Wisconsin office. Prior to joining Wessels Sherman, Al owned Seneczko Law Offices, where he spent 20 years defending employers before various state and federal agencies, including the EEOC, NLRB, OFCCP, OSHA, the Wisconsin Equal Rights, Worker’s Compensation and Unemployment Compensation Divisions, arbitrators, and in state and federal court. He also represents a number of insurers and self-insured employers in the defense of worker’s compensation claims. He is the contributing legal editor of JJ Keller’s Drug and Alcohol, DOT Compliance Manual; the author of numerous published articles; and, a highly sought-after speaker on a wide variety of employment issues.
Recently listed as one of “Wisconsin’s Top Rated” Labor and Employment Lawyers in a Special Supplement to the Wall Street Journal, Al has received an “AV” rating from the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory based upon a survey of private and corporate lawyers. An “AV” rating (very high to preeminent) is the highest legal ability rating awarded.
Al devotes much of his practice to counseling employers on difficult day-to-day issues that span the vast array of employment laws – but is a zealous advocate once those issues become the basis of litigation.
- Bar Admissions:
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin,
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Honors: St. Thomas Moore Scholar
Law Review: Marquette Law Review, Member
- Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, Illinois,
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- University College, Oxford University, Oxford, England,
Major: Industrial Relations
- Classes/Seminars Taught:
- Concealed Carry in the Workplace: Are You Prepared for Armed Employees?
- Keys to Documentation, Hitting Employment Law Curveballs (at Target Field)
- Facebook in the Workplace - Evidence of More Than Just Your Employees' "Status", Helping Employers in a Tough Econmoy
- HR in the Electronic Work Environment, Helping Employers in a Tough Economy
- Tackling the FMLA Beast
- Understanding the "Salaried" Employee
- Drafting an Employee Handbook
- Past Employment Positions:
- National Labor Relations Board, Clerk
- Wisconsin Supreme Court, Intern